Tuesday, July 24, 2012

July 24

Hi I'm Monica and I wanted to share what I did today. Today we went to Pastor Juan's church and worked with the children. I got to see tons of little kids (about 100) who have so many needs that, we in America, take for granted. Children who didn't have a bath, had barely any clothes, and whose health needs weren't met. I met this little girl named Jasmine. She is 11 and was watching her 3 little siblings. She had very little clothes on and yet she was so happy. She didn't smile much, but when her siblings smiled and laughed her smile just glowed. To see how content and happy she was to see her siblings happy made me realize that she didn't care what happened to her, but as long as her siblings were happy. It made me think about how selfish I am. I'm always thinking about myself and never about my siblings or others around me. It really changed my view on love, selflessness and God. Hello this is Hipster Colby Jack ,Wagglin' in to tell you about our day. Today was our last full day in the Dominican Republic! I'm extremely sad to leave all the amazing people here, but naturally, I am excited to see my family again. After we went to Pastor Juan's church and played with all the amazing children, we continued on to the next church. There, we met new kids and played, and sang songs, and danced. It rocked. Except I became the victim of mulitple 'Tickle Attacks', by almost every kid there... During my stay in the Dominican Republic, I was continuously aware of all the things I take for granted in America. During our talk tonight about the impact this trip had on us, I realized that I was here because God wanted me to be here. Not because I happened to be fully funded, but because this was part of God's plan for me. Leaving here, I think I have done what God sent me here to do. I won't be leaving empty-handed. I'm going to miss the friends I made and all the laughs created here, in the Dominican Republic. Thank you to everyone who supported me! I am eternally grateful for this opportunity. See you in America homies! Colby Wagg' signin' out. Hey hey, its Janay here! Today was one of my favorite days that I've experienced here in the Dominican Republic. We had the opportunity to meet new friends, be silly with them and just show them God's love. It was such a touching day for me to see how grateful the kids are for what they have, even if its only the clothes on their bodies, family and maybe a meal per day. The past few days were great too, but last night, Jon, the speaker, told us to put all of our energy into our last day. What great advice! If you put everything you have into serving God, He will bless you tremendously. I wish I could've gotten to know the kids a little bit better, but I'm very thankful that I had the opportunity to share the love of God with those less fortunate than me. The ten days flew by but it was such a great experience. I definitely want to come back! God is such a wonderful God... He is worthy of all of our praise. Well, time for bed! Long day ahead of us tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment